2019 Atammayatarama Meditation Retreat Schedule
Weekend Meditation Retreat Daily Schedule
- Arrive at the monastery and check-in by 6:30pm
- 7:00pm – Orientation
- 7:30pm-9pm – Chanting, Dhamma Talk, and Meditation
- 9:00pm – Self-practice or Retire to Sleeping Arrangements
- 5:00am Morning Wake-up Bell, Self-practice
- 6:00am – Morning Chanting and Meditation
- 7:00-8:0 am – Lite Continental Breakfast and Break
- 8:00-11:00am – Dhamma Talk and Group Meditation
- 11:00-12 Noon – Mindfulness Lunch
- 12:00-1:00pm – Break
- 1:00-2:00 – Dhamma Talk/Practice time
- 2:00-4:00pm – Walking Meditation Instruction and Practice
- 4:00-6:00pm -Sitting and Walking Meditation Practice
- 6:00-7:00 – Setup for Evening Service or Silent Mindfulness
- 7:00-8:15pm – Evening Chanting and Meditation
- 8:15pm-9:00pm – Tea Break and Dhamma Talk
- 9:00pm – End of Retreat, if staying overnight you can continue your practice.
- If staying overnight please get up before 8 am to remove your sleeping arrangements.
- 9:30 – Join the Monastery’s Sunday Service. (Optional)
2022 Retreats are cancelled this year, because of COVID-19 virus. Please read about our Retreat Schedules. The Weekend Retreat starts on Friday at 7 pm through Saturday at 9 pm. The Day of Mindfulness starts on Saturday at 9 am to 9 pm or earlier. The Retreats are residential or non-residential. If you want to […]
We finished reading the Handbook for the Practice of Anapanasati Bhavana” by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu on Tuesday August 6th, which ends this class. You will be notified if and when another class starts. Thank you to all who participated in reading and discussing this valuable book on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness, and for Ajahn Phrayad’s help.
The Monastery needs help with the Picnic: traffic control, and helping vendors with setup and food handling. If you can volunteer any time starting at 8:30 am to 3 pm, for the Picnic please contact Ying at email@example.com with what time you have available and your preference. She will get back to you with a […]
The Burden of Life (translation to English) The Heart of Buddhism – Anatta Anapanasati – Its Benefits Paiccasamuppda is the Genuine Buddha
This Retreat is being led by Ajahn Ritthi (Abbot of Wat Atamm). The Retreat starts on Friday at 7 pm following the Wednesday Evening Meditation schedule, however you are welcome to continue meditating until you’re ready to retire to your accommodations or return home for the evening. Saturday retreat starts with a 5:00 am wake […]
AN ALL-DAY OFFERING WITH JOSEPH KAPPEL In the course of most days, we wake up and go through our daily routines of life. Many of us follow patterns that are deeply ingrained in each thing we do and follow this pattern habitually. Pause for a moment and reflect on these questions, ‘when I wake up, […]
The discussion group is held on Tuesday at 7 pm in the Activity Room. There is no registration required, and attendance every week is not required. Each week we will begin with 30+ minutes of meditation, followed by a discussion of the assigned reading. The group style is informal and conversational; if obligations require you […]
Monk Availability Because of COVID-19 Coronavirus you cannot come in the Temple. If you need to talk to a Monk please call Ajahn Ritthi @ (425) 773-1789 Ajahn Ritthi, Ajahn Prayad, Ajahn Somchai, Ven. Phra Somphan, Ven. Phra Chaitatfrom, and Ajahn Vallop are at the Temple.
Registration for the Dhamma Study is now open. To register please see, call, or email Ajahn Ritthi. He will give you the book for the course. The course is ‘self study’ with a class every Sunday at 1pm starting Oct. 21st to help with the material. The Examination will be held on April 28, 2019 […]