2018 Atammayatarama Meditation Retreat Schedule
Weekend Meditation Retreat Daily Schedule
- Arrive at the monastery and check-in by 6:30pm
- 7:00pm – Orientation
- 7:30pm-9pm – Chanting, Dhamma Talk, and Meditation
- 9:00pm – Self-practice or Retire to Sleeping Arrangements
- 5:00am Morning Wake-up Bell, Self-practice
- 6:00am – Morning Chanting and Meditation
- 7:00-8:0 am – Lite Continental Breakfast and Break
- 8:00-11:00am – Dhamma Talk and Group Meditation
- 11:00-12 Noon – Mindfulness Lunch
- 12:00-1:00pm – Break
- 1:00-2:00 – Dhamma Talk/Practice time
- 2:00-4:00pm – Walking Meditation Instruction and Practice
- 4:00-6:00pm -Sitting and Walking Meditation Practice
- 6:00-7:00 – Setup for Evening Service or Silent Mindfulness
- 7:00-8:15pm – Evening Chanting and Meditation
- 8:15pm-9:00pm – Tea Break and Dhamma Talk
- 9:00pm – End of Retreat, if staying overnight you can continue your practice.
- If staying overnight please get up before 8 am to remove your sleeping arrangements.
- 9:30 – Join the Monastery’s Sunday Service. (Optional)
To celebrate Vesak Buddha Day we will chant, meditate, and celebrate this special day walking around the Temple 3 times with lighted candles. I hope you can attend.
The Burden of Life (translation to English) The Heart of Buddhism – Anatta Anapanasati – Its Benefits Paiccasamuppda is the Genuine Buddha
Please help cleanup the yard at the Monastery on Tuesday 7/09 from 9am to 4pm. Anytime you donate is appreciated. If you have any questions about the work, please email Nuch Phuti at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you
This Retreat is being led by Ajahn Ritthi (Abbot of Wat Atamm). The Retreat starts on Friday at 7 pm following the Wednesday Evening Meditation schedule, however you are welcome to continue meditating until you’re ready to retire to your accommodations or return home for the evening. Saturday retreat starts with a 5:00 am wake […]
AN ALL-DAY OFFERING WITH JOSEPH KAPPEL In the course of most days, we wake up and go through our daily routines of life. Many of us follow patterns that are deeply ingrained in each thing we do and follow this pattern habitually. Pause for a moment and reflect on these questions, ‘when I wake up, […]
2019 Retreat schedule: July 26th-27th (Friday/Saturday): Registration August 23rd-24th (Friday/Saturday) September 27th-28th (Friday/Saturday) The Weekend Retreat starts on Friday at 7 pm through Saturday at 9 pm. The Day of Mindfulness starts on Saturday at 9 am to 9 pm or earlier. The Retreats are residential or non-residential. If you want to sleep at the Temple or camp let […]
The discussion group is held on Tuesday at 7 pm in the Activity Room. There is no registration required, and attendance every week is not required. Each week we will begin with 30+ minutes of meditation, followed by a discussion of the assigned reading. The group style is informal and conversational; if obligations require you […]
Monk Availability It’s somewhat difficult to keep the availability of our Monks up-to-date. Therefore if you are interested in speaking to a specific Monk, please call the Temple to make sure they’re available. Ajahn Ritthi, Ajahn Prayad, Ajahn Somchai, Ven. Phra Somphan, Ven. Phra Chaitatfrom, are at the Temple. Ajahn Vallop is in Thailand.
Registration for the Dhamma Study is now open. To register please see, call, or email Ajahn Ritthi. He will give you the book for the course. The course is ‘self study’ with a class every Sunday at 1pm starting Oct. 21st to help with the material. The Examination will be held on April 28, 2019 […]