2018 Atammayatarama Meditation Retreat Schedule
Weekend Meditation Retreat Daily Schedule
- Arrive at the monastery and check-in by 6:30pm
- 7:00pm – Orientation
- 7:30pm-9pm – Chanting, Dhamma Talk, and Meditation
- 9:00pm – Self-practice or Retire to Sleeping Arrangements
- 5:00am Morning Wake-up Bell, Self-practice
- 6:00am – Morning Chanting and Meditation
- 7:00-8:0 am – Lite Continental Breakfast and Break
- 8:00-11:00am – Dhamma Talk and Group Meditation
- 11:00-12 Noon – Mindfulness Lunch
- 12:00-1:00pm – Break
- 1:00-2:00 – Dhamma Talk/Practice time
- 2:00-4:00pm – Walking Meditation Instruction and Practice
- 4:00-6:00pm -Sitting and Walking Meditation Practice
- 6:00-7:00 – Setup for Evening Service or Silent Mindfulness
- 7:00-8:15pm – Evening Chanting and Meditation
- 8:15pm-9:00pm – Tea Break and Dhamma Talk
- 9:00pm – End of Retreat, if staying overnight you can continue your practice.
- If staying overnight please get up before 8 am to remove your sleeping arrangements.
- 9:30 – Join the Monastery’s Sunday Service. (Optional)
2019 Retreat schedule: April 27th 9 am – 5 pm (Day of Mindfulness led by Joseph Kappel) May 17th-18th (Friday/Saturday) July 26th-27th (Friday/Saturday) August 23rd-24th (Friday/Saturday) September 27th-28th (Friday/Saturday) The Weekend Retreat starts on Friday at 7 pm through Saturday at 9 pm. The Day of Mindfulness starts on Saturday at 9 am to 9 pm. The Retreats […]
Due to the snow the parking lot is not open.
The discussion group is held on Tuesday at 7 pm in the Activity Room. There is no registration required, and attendance every week is not required. Each week we will begin with 30+ minutes of meditation, followed by a discussion of the assigned reading. The group style is informal and conversational; if obligations require you […]
Monk Availability It’s somewhat difficult to keep the availability of our Monks up-to-date. Therefore if you are interested in speaking to a specific Monk, please call the Temple to make sure they’re available. Ajahn Ritthi, Ajahn Prayad, Ajahn Somchai, Ven. Phra Somphan, Ven. Phra Chaitatfrom, are at the Temple. Ajahn Vallop is in Thailand.
Registration for the Dhamma Study is now open. To register please see, call, or email Ajahn Ritthi. He will give you the book for the course. The course is ‘self study’ with a class every Sunday at 1pm starting Oct. 21st to help with the material. The Examination will be held on April 28, 2019 […]
In memory of King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand (Rama IX), the Temple will have a service at 6pm on Saturday October 13th. And on Sunday October 14th at the regular Sunday service. The King died in the hospital on Thursday October 13th 2016. He was 88. and the world’s longest-reigning monarch and a father-figure to […]
The following pictures were taken by Ajahn Somchi Srilert and are on his Flickr Account: Pictures of Meeting
Attending one of our Meditation Retreats is a great way to get away from your daily activities, free your mind, and concentrate on your meditation practice. The Retreats alternate between Weekend and Saturday (Day of Mindfulness). Even if you select the Weekend Retreat, but cannot attend the full retreat, you are welcome to attend “Saturday only”. […]